Daily Building Announcements
Dear Parents, Guardians and Community Members!
Talking Points from February 26, 2021 Superintendent “Weekly Update”
- Grades 9-12 - 21/22 Scheduling Orientation – Monday, March 1, 2021 - Grades 9 & 10 – 6:00 p.m. and Grades 11 & 12 – 7:00 p.m. at the K-12 Campus.
- Open Enrollment Applications for the 21/22 school year will be available on Monday, March 1, 2021 at the Board office. Students currently open enrolled will have open enrollment applications for 21/22 mailed directly to their homes. Open enrollment for the 21/22 school year closes June 4, 2021.
- Leetonia Kindergarten Registration for the 21/22 school year begins Friday, March 5, 2021. Packets may be picked up in the elementary office beginning March 5th.
- Please Note! School Calendar Modification - 20/21 School Year! Students will be on Remote Instruction on Friday, March 12, 2021 for grades K-12. There will be no two - hour delay on Friday March 12th.
- Bear Before and After Care Program – Free of Charge for Grades K-5. Program hours: Daily - 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m – 6:00 p.m. –Contact Mr. Mike Frenger – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bear Wear Day is Everyday! Show your school Spirit
Dennis J. Dunham
We will be hosting a High School parent/student meeting in regards to the new "Program of Studies" booklet and course selection procedures for the 2020-2021 school year.
Monday March 1st at 6:00 pm for incoming 9th and 10th grade students, and 7:00 pm for incoming 11th and 12th grade students.
Attendance is strongly encouraged.
It's time for Dr. Seuss Week!!
March 1st - March 5th
Let's Celebrate Dr. Seuss by dressing up and having fun!
- Monday, March 1st: Socks Day
- Tuesday, March 2nd: Crazy Hair Day
- Wednesday, March 3rd: Mismatched Clothes Day
- Thursday, March 4th: Hat Day
- Friday, March 5: Pajama Day
Picture retake day will be Tuesday, March 16th.
Picture Day for Remote Students will be on Tuesday, March 16, 2021 in the small gym.
Please bring your child to school at the following times:
Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd Grades at 10:30 AM
3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th Grades at 11:00 AM
7th through 12th Grades at 11:30 AM
If you have children in multiple grades you may send them at the same time. Please wait for your child in the parking lot.
Please review this letter as it contains several updates surrounding COVID-19 plans and procedures in Leetonia Schools. Over break, Governor DeWine shared updates on the process of quarantines in schools. Based Governor De Wine, the Ohio Department of Education and the Columbiana County Local Health Department, we are now making adjustments to our policies and procedures surrounding COVID-19 precautions and contact tracing.
Based on the guidance received from the Ohio Department of Health on December 30th, 2020 coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/responsible/schools/OSCE evaluation.pdf Leetonia EVSD will no longer be quarantining students or staff from school when they come into close contact with someone with COVID-19 within the classroom setting, as long as facial coverings and/or maximized physical distancing protocols are followed.
There will still be circumstances where students may be exposed to someone with COVID-19 and may be required to quarantine, those areas could include:
- Extra-curriculars (athletics)
- Physical Education/Gym Class
Students and staff that come into contact with someone who is positive for COVID-19 outside of the school setting will still fall under the previous quarantine procedures.
Mrs. Stelts (school nurse) will continue to investigate each positive case with both students and staff. Positive
COVID-19 instances will continue to be handled on a case by case basis as its own unique circumstance.
As you will read in the updated guidelines from ODH, this decision was recommended following an evaluation of K-12 school students conducted by the Ohio Schools COVID-19 Evaluation Team. The Columbiana County Health Department supports this and have not had evidence of spread in the school classroom setting in their investigations since we have returned to school. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact myself or your child's building principal.
As always, I appreciate your continued efforts to keep our students healthy and safe. I look forward to face-to-face teaching and learning on Tuesday, January 19th. Thanks for all you do!
Dennis J. Dunham
Message from School Nurse Mrs. Stelts
Governor DeWine and the director of the Ohio Department of Health have ordered that all schools that provide K-12 instruction shall maintain a reporting system for parent to report positive tests and or cases of COVID-19. In accordance with this order, parent/guardians and school staff who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 whether by laboratory test or through clinical examination are encouraged to notify the school no later than 24 hours after receiving a confirmed diagnosis. To make this confidential report the the school please call 330-427-2115 and choose option 3.
A copy of the Protocol for Front-Line School Screening can be found under the nurses tab on this page.
Leetonia Exempted Village Schools
Confirmed Positive Cummulative Covid-19 Cases
February Students of the Month
Chrisopher Bias Jr.
January Students of the Month
2021/2022 Leetnia Kindergarten Registration-Screening
Child must be 5 by September 30th to be eligible to attend kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year.
REGISTRATION/SCREENING DATE: Thursday, May 13th., 2021
Packets may be picked up in the Elementary Office beginning March 5th.
Appointments will be made when packet is picked up. For more information call the Elementary Office at (330)-427-2444 ext 2100
**Children are REQUIRED to attend** registration-screening.
**Parents please bring the following**
1. Child's birth certificate
2. Immunization records
3. (2) Proofs of residency
4. Child's Social Security Card
5. Custody paper (if applicable)
6. Parents identification
Dear Parents and Families:
We are working hard to keep kids reading and raise critical funds for our school with our Scholastic Online-Only Book Fair from 02/15/2021 to 03/01/2021
The Fair will connect your kids to notable books and inspiring characters — helping them become lifelong readers. And you’ll love the new option to shop for Book Fair exclusives — directly from the interactive booklist.
Plus, enjoy these special online shopping features:
- Access to over 6,000 products
- All orders ship direct to home
- FREE shipping on book-only orders over $25*
- All purchases support our school and earn 25% in rewards
Visit our Book Fair homepage to learn more and get started with online shopping:
Thank you for continuing to support our school.
Leetonia Elementary PTO