Google Forms:A Google Form allows a person to collect information from a group of people. Teachers and coaches can use it to gather information from their students, to help with scheduling, and even to conduct class surveys and introduce lessons.Creating a Google Form:
1. Navigate to www.google.com and click “Sign in” in the top-right corner. (This is a blue rectangle.)
2. Click on the Google Rubik’s Cube (this is a square composed of 9 smaller squares in the top-right corner) and then click on “Drive.”
3. Click the “Create” button on the left-side of your screen and then click on “Form.”
4. Give your form a title – Click on the words “Untitled form” and change them to suit your needs. If you want, you can give your form a description by clicking on the word “description,” which is directly below the form’s title.
5. To add a question, click on “Question title” and type in your question.
6. To set the type of question, click on the question type.
7. If you want the question to be required, check the “Required question” box. This means the person will have to answer the question before submitting – the question is not optional.
8. When you are finished with the question, click “done.”
9. To add a new question, click “Add item.” Continue to do this until you have created all the questions that you desire to create.
10. Examine the options at the bottom of the page:
- Show link to submit another response – students may answer the question more than once. It’s probably a good idea to make sure this is not checked.
- Publish and show a public link to form results – students may see each other’s answers. It’s probably a good idea to make sure this is not checked.
- Allow responders to edit responses after submitting – Students may go back and change their answers. Depending upon the situation, this may be good or bad. You will have to decide.
11. To share your form with your students, click the “Send form” button in the top-right corner. You have three options for sharing: You can share a link to the form, you can email the form to the directly, or you can click “embed” and insert the form into your website.
12. If you desire to embed the form into your website, click embed code and then copy the HTML code. You will need to insert this into your website. This is something I can help you with.The results of your Form will be available in your Google Drive. They will be in a spreadsheet file with the name of your survey followed by the word "responses."